Oboe/lower register not playing

Question
daughter's Yamaha 211 is not playing lower e and below.  if i twist first joint this corrects.  i have tried adjusting screws 1-4 on the top joint but nothing seems to correct the problem.  I feel like i am missing something simple.  Is there something else that would explain why twisting the joint would correct this problem? I am trying to fix at home since nearest oboe repair is about 4 hours away and it seems like this should be an "easy" fix.
thanks in advance for any advice.  it was one of your previous answers that helped me figure it out this far.

Answer
Dear Lena

The usual suspect is the link between the F# key and the G#pad. This bar goes over the joint and when you twist the lower joint away from the top one you lose that linkage. It often gets a little bent or the adjusting screw has been turned too far in making the first finger pad seat badly on its hole. Slacken off the screw and see what happens. Retighten by tiny amounts until there is no lift on the G# when you press its key at the same time as the F# key.

If this isn't the culprit then try the little pads between the E and the F# and the fork F vent.

There is a very good series of helpful Youtube videos to look at by "oboedr" channel in 6 parts. Very useful and clear. Your oboe is a little simpler but the principles are the same.

Best of luck with this

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge