Oboe/A Robert Oboe

I have an A Robert oboe that I bought in 1978 and used for high school and college.  My daughter currently plays it--the serial number is R236.  What year was it manufactured--I have been learning a lot about oboes--now my son (a current saxophone player) wants to also play the oboe (so he can be in his high school orchestras).
Can you help me?

Dera Julie

Is it possible that you can send me a photo or two?

Alexandre Robert was in business from 1895 until 1925 and if it is genuine then oboe is certainly an old timer!

If you can send pictures send them to :

geoffrey@geoffreybridgeoboe.com my website will take bigger uploads of pix.

Best wishes and this does sound interesting.....

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed