Oboe/A Robert Oboe

Question
I have an A Robert oboe that I bought in 1978 and used for high school and college.  My daughter currently plays it--the serial number is R236.  What year was it manufactured--I have been learning a lot about oboes--now my son (a current saxophone player) wants to also play the oboe (so he can be in his high school orchestras).
Can you help me?

Answer
Dera Julie

Is it possible that you can send me a photo or two?

Alexandre Robert was in business from 1895 until 1925 and if it is genuine then oboe is certainly an old timer!

If you can send pictures send them to :

geoffrey@geoffreybridgeoboe.com my website will take bigger uploads of pix.

Best wishes and this does sound interesting.....

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge