Oboe/age and value aprox. Marigaux oboe

I have acquired an J.Marigaux  serial# 5895. It is in wonderful condition....except for the case.  I would like to find out a little more about the oboe..ex. Age and proximate value.

Dear Tracy

Please can you send me a picture or two of your Marigaux and attach them to an email.
I can ID it better when I see it.

I have an idea of its age but valuation is difficult without sight of it.

Send email and pictures to:

I will pleased to follow this up for you.

Thank you very much

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed