Oboe/serial number and age

Question
Im trying to determine when my Marigaux was made and what series it is. The serial number is 28335. How can I determine what serial numbers correspond to what years and models?

thank you for your help

Julia

Answer
Dear Julia

Your Marigaux was made in 1999.

A sure sign of the model type is the number. Your serial number signifies a model 901 as also does the bell ring.

The other oboes - the 2000 series and the M2 - have different number schemes.
The 2000 series oboes - with no bell ring - have serial number beginning with a zero or two zeros.
The M2 even fewer digits but unmistakable in design with their tine top joints!!

Best wishes

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge