Oboe/Slurring tripple octave F arpeggio

Hello Mr. Bridge, i have a question and was wondering if you could help me out with a problem. I am having problems slurring my triple octave F major scale. I am fine from my low F to about my high C, but trying to go the C to F without tonguing since the low F is not coming out so i didn't know if you had any suggestions. anything would be appreciated. Thank You for your time.

Dear Bryan

Are you using the third octave key for the top F? That is if you have one. That key makes life easier from top E upwards in my experience.
What sort of oboe are you using?
Is the first finger left hand plate completely down as you slide onto the slip key or are you taking that finger off and leaving it slightly open? Often helps.
Top C to top F can be awkward if your reed is too soft or the shape is too wide.

<<trying to go the C to F without tonguing since the low F is not coming out>>
I am not sure what your connection with the low F not coming out means!
Or are you slurring down form top C to low F?

Get back to me and I'll do my best for you.....

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed