Oboe/Boosey & Hawke Oboe

Question
Mr Bridge

As a student of yours many years ago I could not believe when I saw your name come up and had to send you a message.  I have a Boosey & Hawke oboe no: 34006.  I do not know how old it is but I have had it for at least 30 years.  Would you be able to tell me the value of this.  

Regards

Sarah

Answer
Dear Sarah

I wonder which of the Sarahs you are!! Anyway thanks for getting in touch after quite a time. I was in the area two weeks ago. I played in Winchester Cathedral in the War Requiem and also visited a rather good South Indian buffet lunch restaurant in Civic Centre Road, the Art Gallery, Above Bar street markets and Bedford Place. What a lot of changes.
I now live in Scotland but still play in concerts even in England!! I haven't been in Soton for quite a while though.

Now this oboe of yours. It will probably be a Regent or a model 78 or something?
Do send me a couple of pictures if you can and I will help ID it for you. Send the pictures to my website address:  

geoffrey@geoffreybridgeoboe.com

I look forward to seeing it. Do remember to tell me which Sarah and which school. I am curious!

Best wishes

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge