Oboe/Model and value of a Marigaux Oboe

Question
oboe
oboe  

oboe
oboe  
Hello,

I would like to have more informations about an oboe.
Is is a Marigaux oboe serial number 15991.
Could you give me the model and an estimate value? (This oboe was not played during 8 years and has been completely overhauled)

Answer
Thank you for your question. The oboe is a Marigaux Strasser model 800 manufactured in 1985. If you are in the US market, because there is no left hand F key, the estimated value is effected; and the oboe is probably worth under $2,000.00. If the oboe remains in good condition (you did not mention if there had been cracks repaired, a beginning student's family may be very interested-however the lack of the left hand F key must be noted when describing the oboe to possible buyers. Best regards, hannah

Oboe

Hannah Selznick