Oboe/My Oboe

Question
Hello!

I was hoping to find out some information about my oboe.  It was given to me many years ago by my grandmother, and I am looking to possibly sell it.  It a an A. Barre Paris, with the serial number 1052 inscribed on it.  It seems to be in good condition.  I was told by a musician friend that it may hold quite a bit of value.  Any idea how much something like this may be worth? What would be the best avenue for selling it? I am trying to gather as many answers from experts as I can, as not to have it underestimated due to my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Thank you in advance for your insight!

Kelly

Answer
Dear Kelly

We don't see these instruments in the UK.
They are made for A Laubin in France as a second tier oboe.
I think if you contact them direct they will advise you as to how to sell it. They do deal with used oboes especially of their own brands.

They can be found at:

Paul and Alex Laubin

email:
alaubin@alaubin.com

A. Laubin, Inc.
638 Central Avenue
Peekskill, New York 10566

Telephone:914-737-3778

Fax:914-930-6029

If the oboe were a J. Barre that is not the same oboe but the A. Barre is from the Laubin stable. From his serial numbering system your oboe may be from abput 1970.

Get in touch with them they will help I'm sure.

Best wishes

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge