Oboe/found oboe

Question
Photo 1
Photo 1  

Photo 2
Photo 2  
Hi Geoff!  I recently found an oboe in the attic of a house that I purchased.  It seems to be unused in it's original case, paperwork included lead me to believe it's made of grenadilla wood.  There is a model number on all three pieces MR40429.  I have no experience with woodwinds so I'm not sure if it has any extra keys or pieces.  Can you help me figure out what I've got?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Answer
Dear Nicole

I have had a look at the pictures you sent and I am pretty sure that your oboe is a Selmer 122f model. This is Selmer USA not Selmer Paris by the way.
It is sold as an intermediate model as it doesn't have all the bells and whistles for a full pro system.
If it is grenadilla wood  and it looks like it is, that's the model 122F.
They sell/sold if they are still made and I'm not sure they are for about  $2500 new. They are heavily discounted from a rrp of about  $3500!!

Quite a find!

Best wishes with it

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge