Oboe/piccolo oboe in F?

I know this may be out of your expertise but i am writing a piece for oboe quintet (piccolo oboe, oboe, oboe d'amore, EH, bass oboe) and my oboe section in the school band is looking to possibly play it at the talent show next year. Do you know any way to rent or get our hands on a piccolo oboe in F? we are high school students so we can't afford to buy one. Again we aren't sure if we're gonna play it. We're just doing research to see if we could even get the instruments.

Greetings and thank you for your email. I suggest you contact Midwest Musical Imports, Forrests Music and RDG Woodwinds. These double reed companies have established rental programs, and perhaps they might have a piccolo oboe available for rent.
Congratulations on this wonderful sounding quintet composition!  Please let me know how your search goes. Sincerely, hannah

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.