Oboe/riougat oboe 1971 year.

Hello, i want to ask, what is value of 027CC riougat professional,
it is very good condition. And if in 1971 year thay made good oboes ? If its different from new ones ?

I am buyer.
Now i play buffet 4052 and want grow up.

Dear Toms
The 1971 Rigoutat if it is in good condition will be a good buy. If possible have it checked over by a player you trust.
The 1971 rigoutats like yours were the only model they made. Nowadays they make four diffent models and the Classique is near to their older oboes. I would think that you should pay about 2000 - 2500 euros maximum. It is forty years old and may have been used professionally and become a little worn.
Best of luck with your growing up!!

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed