Oboe/Tuning an Oboe

Question
Can you please explain what pitches or specific notes to tune an oboe to?

Answer
Dear Tony
I am away at the moment but can give you a short answer.
I think what you mean is the length of the reed that gives you a workable pitch. I tune to A at 441 where possible and this is achieved with. Reed length of about 71mm with my oboe.
I like to use a tuning meter and get the bottom D in tune and then make sure that the A is not too sharp. If it is I make certain the lip is relaxed and bring down these upper notes, the left hand top joint notes that is, are lipped down

Try that and get back to me if I'm in the wrong ball park with your question.
Best
Geoffrey  

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge