Oboe/F. Loree Oboe

I have an F. Loree Oboe purchased in 1977 or 1978.  The number on it is ER-94.  It is a gorgeous sweet instrument but I've no idea what type of bore it has or what it might be worth--Can you help me with this?

I've been unable to play it for health reasons but I've had it checked and oiled so the bore is perfect.  Thank you!

Dear Lyn
I am sorry that I am awayfrom home at the moment and don't have any reference papers to consult.
I will be back on Monday night  and will answer your question on Tuesday.
I hope that's OK for you.
It is hard to tell which bore as it doesn't tell you on the instrument itself usually.
Ill be back next week
Best wishes

Sorry to be later than I said! Things were a bit more complicated than I thought when I got back.

Your Loree is certainly dated from 1978 with a serial number of ER94.
I think that often the letters AK can be found near to the serial number on the top joint or just above the thumb rest. It is possible to tell also but rather subtly, by the fact there is a slightly thicker bell in that not as much wood is taken out of the inside of the bell. Comparisons may point that out more clearly to you with a few known bells with the Regular bore.

The value depends hugely on how well the oboe plays but I think that you might expect to get around $3500 - 4000 for it.

Best wishes

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed