Oboe/Brand of Oboe.

Hi! I'm looking to buy an oboe, and I found one, but I'm not sure if it's a good brand. The brand is Jean Cartier. Is this a good brand?

Musically yours,
         Olivianna ♫

Olivianna, thank you for your question. Before I can properly answer the question, please provide me more information about the person who will playing the oboe, and the specific reason you have selected the Cartier oboe. If you have located the oboe online, please provide me the link so I can also evaluate the information the seller has given. Cartier oboes are most likely "stenciled" instruments...these are instruments that have a manufacturer that is different than the name applied to the instrument.  Happy to answer in more detail once I have additional information. Thanks! hannah

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.