Oboe/oboe played in 1948 army band

My aunt recently showed me an oboe that my late uncle played in the U.S.Army Band, around 1948. It's a Rolhert and Sons 246-001.  Any suggestions on how to find the value of this instrument? Thanks!

Thank you for your note. I believe the brand to be Kolhert and Sons.. The oboe would have primarily sentimental value, it is not an oboe that is used currently.  A collector may be interested in the oboe for a few hundred dollars or less depending on its condition. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.