Oboe/Selling an Oboe

Question
My son has 2 used Oboes from high school band, one Jupiter and the other a Yamaha. What is the best way to determine their value and the best way to sell them?

Thank you for your time and information.
Leslie McGinn

Answer
Leslie, thank you for your question. The Jupiter oboe is an oboe that would best be sold through ebay and/or Craigs list. The Jupiter brand is not one that oboe teachers are recommending for their students. It may be worth a few hundred dollars if in good shape.  The Yamaha oboe has more value in the open market. Please reply with the serial number and model number (both found on the instrument parts. With this additional information, I can give you the fair market value of the oboe if it is in good shape. The Yamaha can definitely be sold through ebay if you are comfortable. I look forward to your reply. Thanks, hannah  

Oboe

Hannah Selznick