Oboe/BAI Reeds

Dear Geoffrey,

Whilst flicking through the CD sleeve for Albrecht Mayer's Song of the Reeds I noticed it mentioned his reeds were from BAI. Having never heard of them I googled it, with little success except on his website where I noticed you asked him the same question. I was just wondering if you'd had any luck in finding out more about them?

Best wishes,

Dear Matthew

These Bai reeds are sourced in China as far as I now.
I found a site that had sold them who proclaimed them to be out of stock. Maybe you found that as well.

I'll send AM an email and see if he responds this time. He is in South Korea at the moment - conducting!! - but might be back. Anyway I'll give it a go.

Best wishes

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed