Oboe/Selmer oboe and Linton oboe

Question
I have had a Linton oboe in my possession since the 1970s and I am unsure about the age and value of the instrument.  It has Linton imprinted on top of the outline of a bird with spread wings, and below that USA Paris is imprinted.  This is on the bottom section, which is otherwise plain.  I believe it is a wooden instrument, and is playable but could use some repair.  Also, I recently purchased a Selmer oboe.  This oboe has B 72077 imprinted on the top two sections.  The bottom section is also plain.  The Selmer seems to play well, but I am picking this up again after 30 years of not playing.  Are these both student models and how can I determine their worth?  Thank you very much.

Answer
Dear Wanda

The Linton "Paris" oboes were made in France by Cabart; I think I am right in saying from early 1960s until Cabart closed in the early 1970s.
The value of a full system oboe made of wood- if yours is - is not too bad these days. Probably around $600 if it is in good shape.

The Selmer I can't identify from the serial number so you would have to send me a picture or two.
In fact a picture of both of your oboes would be an enormous help in identification.

If you can photograph them send the pictures to: geoffrey@geoffreybridgeoboe.com

Now I will be away from my desk after Friday for a few days so you wont get an immediate reply from me.

A rough guess would indicate that the Linton might be an intermediate model and the Selmer a student oboe. But let's have a look !

Best wishes

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge