Oboe/Buffet Crampon Student oboe

Question
Buffet Oboe
Buffet Oboe  
Dear Geoffrey
We have a Buffet Crampon Student oboe serial number T1753
As we bought it secondhand in 2009 I'm not sure how old it is or what it may be worth.
I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your time,
kind regards
Susie
Sydney, Australia

Answer
Dear Susie

I have had a look at your photograph and I think your oboe is a BC415, their intermediate instrument.
In other words not the simplest student model which is the BC4121.
In the UK they sell for about 2100 although discounted at some dealers.
The used value is uncertain but here in the UK they sell for around 1300 in good order.

I am afraid that I can't identify the year for you but I estimate around 2003 most likely.

Best of luck with your sale. Make sure it plays well and it will sell itself - especially if the case is hoovered out and looks clean and smart!!

Geoffrey  

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge