Oboe/Manufactured year of the Marigaux M2

I am an amateur oboe player.
I have a plan to buy a second-hand Marigaux M2 oboe, but I don't know manufactured year of the oboe.
The serial number of Marigaux M2 oboe is "M0151"
Please tell me manufactured year of the oboe?

Thank you so much.

Dear Austin

I don't have an accurate list to hand but....

The M2 oboes were introduced to the market in 2005.
I have details of one I reviewed in 2010 which was made in May 2009. The serial number on that instrument was MO388. The company makes fewer of the M2 than the 901, about 100 per year, so I would place your oboe as having been made in around mid 2007.

Hope that helps

By the way a good M2 is really great!!!
Best of luck I am envious.

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed