Oboe/Oboe keys

Hello Geoffrey!

I have some plastic oboes which don't have F key on the side but I want to have one.I want to ask you is it possible to ask from a repairman or some worker to make one F key on the side and how should I do it if it's possible?

Best regards and hope for quick answer!

Hi Richard

It is definitely possible to have a left hand F key fitted. You will need a good repair person to do it for you though.

If you are prepared to send the instruments to the UK there might be a couple of people who will do this for you.

Email mail on:  geoffrey@geoffreybridgeoboe.com if you need more information to do that.

If you know of someone in Serbia so much the better. I am afraid that I can't help you with your own country's technicians!

Best wishes

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed