Oboe/Buffet Crampon Oboe

Hello Geoffrey,  I would like to find out which model Oboe we own and when it was produced.  It's a Buffet Crampon, Made in Germany, serial number 15626. Thank you! Janne

Dear Janne

Thank you for your request. I need to see the oboe before I can give a meaningful answer.
Could you send some photos to me website and I'll then give you my answer.

My web email is:

Thus will take the files easily.

I'll get back to you as soon as can after seeing the instrument.

It sounds to me like a intermediate model as the professional oboes are made in France. Other models are made by Schreiber in Germany for Buffet. Anyway let's have a look,

Best wishes

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed