Oboe/English Horn

Question
Hello.  I have a question about an English Horn I am interested in bidding on on Ebay.  It is a Cabart-Mirafone serial #1052.  It does have a repaired crack on the upper lower joint that doesn't go through the bore.  It is listed at $2,000.  Do you think it is worth bidding on?  I am torn between buying a new Vento or trying to buy this one.  
Thanks for you help!

Answer
Please do NOT buy any Chinese made double reed instruments. You will be disappointed and your investment will not be made wisely. There will be no secondary market for the instrument. They are not made acoustically proper; nor is the keywork and mechanics made to standards.

In regards to the other instrument on Ebay. Be sure there is a return policy. You should have the right to have the instrument inspected upon arrival to you by a quality oboe technician; and the ability to return the instrument for a full refund if it is not to your liking.  Budget English Horns must be carefully thought though. You get what you pay for with oboes and English Horns. Best wishes, hannah

Oboe

Hannah Selznick