Oboe/re: Oboe Identification

Question
Hi, I have an Oboe with what look like the initials BC or BG on the bell. Can you tell me who the maker/manufacturer is?  

Once I find out the maker how do I determine if this is a professional or intermediate instrument?

Answer
Gail, thank you for writing me. The BC may be notated for Buffet Crampon. However, as they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words. If you are able to upload a photo to me on this forum, I am happy to take a look at the oboe. If you have difficulties, you can email me a photo theoboefairy@gmail.com  

A photo of the oboe will also assist me in responding to the second portion of your question....what is the level and type of oboe you have.

Best regards, hannah

Oboe

Hannah Selznick