Oboe/Value of a Loree Oboe

Oboe w/Serial #
Oboe w/Serial #  
I have a 36 year old L'oree oboe with a serial #DN43.
Unfortunately I am in the process of selling it and would like to have at least a general idea of it's value. Also, if you are aware of any potential buyers or suggestions where and how to sell I would be extremely grateful. The oboe itself is in excellent condition only the case itself has a few waterspots and also the cover is in better than fair shape. Some photos are attached as well.
So appreciate your time and help.
Heidi Braun

Hi Heidi, thank you for your email. The Loree is worth between $2500-$3000 depending on the condition of the silver, condition of the bore, and if there are any crack repairs or not.
I do have a consignment service and if you wish to email me directly at I can provide you more details. If you wish to sell it on your own, you might try ebay or craigs list. Happy to answer any additional questions you may have.  The photos were very helpful. Sincerely, hannah

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.