Oboe/Oboe with odd key mechanism

unmarked oboe
unmarked oboe  

oboe 2
oboe 2  
Dear Hannah, I recently acquired what appears to be a German-style oboe from an antique dealer.
There are no traces that I can see of a maker's stamp or serial number. The oboe has an automatic register mechanism, but also some keywork that I am not familiar with: a LH thumb key for Bb, and roller keys for C and C#, with the Eb set off to the side. The low Bb hole is on the lower joint, not the bell. I've already asked around for help identifying this instrument, but so far no cues. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated! I am attaching pictures to give you an idea of the keywork.
Thanks in advance!

Kevin, thank you for your note. I apologize for not responding sooner; I had a family medical emergency on July 4. I am stumped on your oboe! I have done research myself, and I am not coming up with information that will guide you towards a summary. It is an interesting looking oboe, and may be attractive to a collector. Best regards, hannah

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.