Oboe/Laubin

Question
I have an old Laubin serial number 1218 (1973) one repared crack but in an excellent condition. Please tell me this market value. I think used Laubin oboes are wanted. I like to sell it. Thank you!

Answer
Jean, thank you for your note. Your oboe, once it is completely serviced, and if the silver is still intact may be worth between $4,000-$4,500.00. You can also contact Alex at Laubin by phone and he will be happy to discuss particulars with you. The location of the crack, and quality of repair will impact the pricing as well. If you wish to have information about consignment please email me at theoboefairy@gmail.com
Best regards, hannah

Oboe

Hannah Selznick