Oboe/Gordet German Oboe Value

Question
IMG_0917
IMG_0917  
We have a "Made in Germany" Gordet Oboe serial number 433.   There are also labels that say "GORDET Paris NY"  Could you help us establish a value for this instrument? The plating and wood are free from damage and are not chipped or cracked.  This oboe has a double octave key in the back.

Answer
Joan, thank you for your note. The Gordet oboe, once serviced by a qualified oboe specialist to confirm condition and ready the oboe for re-sale is worth around $2,000.00 +/-.

The oboe is probably from the 1960's so I suggest you be flexible with the pricing since each oboe is very individual and it is impossible to determine the current play ability by description only.

Best, hannah  

Oboe

Hannah Selznick