Oboe/Price for Rigoutat oboe

Question
Rigoutat
Rigoutat  
Hi Geoffrey,
I would like to sell my Rigoutat Expression, it was bought in 2003, and still in a very good condition. I attach you the photo. What would be the value of this oboe?

Thank you

Answer
Dear Billy

Good to hear from you again.

A Rigoutat Expression oboe of that age in the UK would sell for between 3500 and 3750, maybe even reaching 4000 if it were absolutely mint. Much too depending on how it plays.

In the USA not as much. Perhaps as many dollars as UK pounds which is not such a good deal.
A company such as Howarth in London would sell it for you I'm sure or Crowthers in Canterbury.

Sorry I can't be any more help  for values nearer your home country.

Best wishes with the sale

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge