Oboe/Price for Rigoutat oboe

Hi Geoffrey,
I would like to sell my Rigoutat Expression, it was bought in 2003, and still in a very good condition. I attach you the photo. What would be the value of this oboe?

Thank you

Dear Billy

Good to hear from you again.

A Rigoutat Expression oboe of that age in the UK would sell for between 3500 and 3750, maybe even reaching 4000 if it were absolutely mint. Much too depending on how it plays.

In the USA not as much. Perhaps as many dollars as UK pounds which is not such a good deal.
A company such as Howarth in London would sell it for you I'm sure or Crowthers in Canterbury.

Sorry I can't be any more help  for values nearer your home country.

Best wishes with the sale

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed