Oboe/Reeds on K-ge Machine

Question
QUESTION: Hello, my question would be probably more suitable to Geoffrey Bridge since i saw he has the same machine has i have!! But maybe you can help me too! I have a K-ge profiling machine and iīm having problems with the tunning of the reeds! The reed is ready to play when i finish it (French template) but it allways too low tunning! I finish cut it at 72m and the i canīt go to 442 like i would like! And when the reed is at 442 my middle C and G are too low!! Do you have any ideia how i can solve this problem? Do you have any measures of micrometer to a good scrape in this machine!! thank you for your time,

Best Regards,
Daniel

ANSWER: Daniel, I'm wondering whether it's just the middle C and G that are flat?  My immediate reaction is that 72mm is a bit long for a reed (mine tend to be 69 with a 440 A).  Since I play on an American style reed, I may not be too helpful here.  Yes, I think it would probably be better to send this to Geoffrey Bridge.  I think he might be much more helpful than I.  Joel

QUESTION: If the reed is flat, all is flat! but some of the reeds, are with good tuning, just the C is low and also a bit the G! When i make the reeds myself i finish at 72 and i can tune 442 and with the machine i also could!! i think i change someting on the machine! I will ask Geoffrey when he will come back from vacation! THank you very much for your time

Answer
Daniel,  Wish I could have been more of a help but it's also important, I suppose, to know your limitations.  I'm sure Geoffrey will be helpful.  If you have a chance, I would appreciate hearing what he recommends.  I'm certainly not beyond learning something new.   Joel

Oboe

Joel Simon