Oboe/Buffet Oboe

Oboe in case
Oboe in case  

I have a Buffet Oboe approximately 10 years old.  Serial #23767
I would like to sell this oboe but am unsure of it value.  It is in excellent condition with no cracks or repairs.  The case is also in excellent condition.

Diane, thank you for your question. The oboe looks like a 4051 model Buffet. A fair market price for an oboe of this age and brand/model is around $1500.00-$1750.00.   Thank you and best wishes, hannah

Diane, the price remains the same for the 4052 model. Thank you, hannah

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.