Oboe/Oboe value

QUESTION: What is my Loree oboe No. AH30 Worth?

ANSWER: Laura, thank you for your note. Can you reply with a photo of the oboe in its case? With a visual, I can be of more assistance in an answer. What is the crack history of the oboe? Has it been sitting for an extended time; or have you played it recently and regularly. How is the silver plating? Is it intact?   I will wait for your reply. Thank you, hannah

QUESTION: There are no cracks in either Oboe or English Horn.  Silver is in mint condition.  Will ask husband to take pictures and mail to you on our camera.  Don't have any way to take any other kind of picture.

Laura Jean, thank you for your reply. I am happy to wait until I receive a photo of the two instruments and will respond with a rough idea. Depending on what part of the country you live in, there may be a reputable expert who can physically examine the instruments and give you a firm judgment. I will provide you the best estimate I can based on your photo. hannah

In general the AH30 might be worth $1,000-$1750.  

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.