Oboe/Cabart & Paris Oboe (kk109), vintage 1961

Question
Number at joint
Number at joint  
Oboe bell
Oboe bell  
QUESTION: My parents presented this instrument to me in 1961.
It was new. I played from junior through senior high.
I would appreciate knowing its approximate value
today. Thank you

ANSWER: Dear Karen

The value of older instruments is very uncertain as so much depends on condition. That is how it looks, how it plays, how much silvering is worn, pad condition, case condition and so on...
I would hazard a guess though that around $1500 is the ball park figure.
Your instrument has fully auto octaves as I can see from the photos and these command a little more but as the adjustment can be tricky some may not find the system as appealing as the semi-auto octaves!

Hope this helps and sorry for the small delay in responding to you.

Geoffrey

QUESTION: Thank you for your response. A local music store has offered me $ 250.00
on consignment. Can you recommend someone to be in touch with that might
offer some amount a bit closer to your opinion? I need the funds, but don't want to just give it away, if it has more value than $ 250.00. I
appreciate your input.

Answer
Karen
Why not try Charles Double Reeds in N Conway NH. You could speak to Brian there and post the oboe to him to sell.
Speak to him first. You can easily find his website for contact details.  Phone. 603-356-9890.

I don't know his terms but he has a used list that moves so you might be in the right place.

Best

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge