Oboe/MKD by Otley woodwind

Paul Crew wrote at 2015-10-01 17:54:50
I owned an MKD that originally belonged to Mike Winfield. I very much enjoyed playing it and the big advantage of the open hole system meant no sagging 1st octave g's. I used it professionally for a few years and only changed it after trying a 2nd hand Puchner. I found the lower right hand keys much easier to get around than the restructured  (though more artistic looking) ones on the MKD. I wouldn't let that put you off though if you like the instument. All the best with your oboe playing.

Jeremy Brown wrote at 2017-01-13 15:34:44
Dear Simon and Geoffrey,

I think you are talking about my oboe as I had an MKD for sale with crowthers until fairly recently. It's still for sale and I would like to say that I would be willing to accept less than the price that it was on for at crowthers.

My name is Jeremy Brown and my mobile no is 07970940413 . Please feel free to call if you are still interested. I'm a professional bass player and no longer play the oboe but when I did I really enjoyed this instrument. When my parents bought it for when I was a teenage oboe student I also tried a Howarth a Marigoux and a Loree but found the MKD to be the most enjoyable , especially the quality of the sound in the upper register.

I would love somebody to take it on and enjoy playing it.

Regards

Jeremy  

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge