Oboe/MKD by Otley woodwind

Paul Crew wrote at 2015-10-01 17:54:50
I owned an MKD that originally belonged to Mike Winfield. I very much enjoyed playing it and the big advantage of the open hole system meant no sagging 1st octave g's. I used it professionally for a few years and only changed it after trying a 2nd hand Puchner. I found the lower right hand keys much easier to get around than the restructured  (though more artistic looking) ones on the MKD. I wouldn't let that put you off though if you like the instument. All the best with your oboe playing.

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed