Oboe/Linton Oboe HRS 43267 V

I bought this oboe through Craigslist and I'm looking to learn more about it. I'll definitely take any and all information you can give me on it, but I'm specifically thinking age, worth, manufacturer, and features or specifications.

Here are all the pictures I took:

The serial number is HRS 43267 V, with a 2 underneath that. If I had to guess, I'd say it's plastic, but I honestly have no clue. Just based on comparison to images of other oboes for sale, it seems to have a full conservatory and is professional level. However, it doesn't have the outermost and lowest left pinky key that I saw on others.

It could go for a touch up/cleaning, but it is playable! It also came in a Linton case. The guy I bought it from played it in high school. There's some faint, old markings that look like "Highland(?) Band I-35" so I think it belonged to an ensemble or educational facility once upon a time.

Hi Kelsey

Sorry to be late in replying to you but I was away for a few days.
These oboes were used a lot in the military and educational bands as they are robust and reliable. It is  aplastic material called "Durotone."
I would say that this one is from about mid 1960 to 1970 by the look of it.
It doesn't have a left hand F key - thats the key you have noticed is missing.
It is a full- ish key system however. One or two trills not present but none the worse for that.

The value is hard to judge. I guess around $750 or so would be a ball park figure. Depending much on its condition and how it plays.

Best wishes

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed