Oboe/oboe identification

Question
oboe 1
oboe 1  

oboe 2
oboe 2  
Hi - I inherited an oboe and know very little about the instrument. It is a wooden Selmer model F4168. Can you tell me where I can locate information about the instrument, its features, and value?  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Jennifer

I think from the pictures that you sent your oboe is a Selmer 121. If it is blackwood and has the keys and trills I can see on your pix then this looks the likely model.

If you look up their website and put in Selmer 121 oboe you will see pictures and you can compare. The key work will have changed little over the years so that is a guide for you.

New they sell for about $3000 - $4000 according to the discount applied. Used half of that would be about right.
Much as always with used depends on condition and how it plays.

Geoffrey  

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge