Oboe/oboe value

I bought my daughter a Loree oboe serial # PX 45 about a year ago and I was wondering if you could help me find out how old it is and its worth? Thank you.

Lisa, thank you for your question. The Loree PX45 was made in the early part of 2005.
If the condition is excellent (no cracks), silver is intact, and it has been serviced properly, it is worth approximately $5600.00.

I hope this is helpful. Best regards, hannah

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.