Oboe/Signet Soloist Oboe

Hi Geoffrey,
I have my original oboe that my parents got me in back in 1989 (used) when I was learning to play. I just had it completely overhauled and up to regulation.  It looks beautiful! I was wondering if you could tell me approx how old it really is. The serial number on the back says "S 6728". It is wooden and has the split ring D key and low C key. It does not have the left hand F key.
Thank you!

Dear Kim

Sorry to have been late in replying to you.
Could you send me a couple of pictures please to help me ID your model of oboe.
Send them to my email address at

Thanks. I'll get back to you as quick as possible.

Best wishes

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed