Oboe/Estimated price for Loree Royal

I have a beautiful Loree Royal MO11 that I need to sell. Due to health issues I can not carry the extra weight of the royal bore anymore and am looking to go lighter. Can you give me an estimate of how much you think it is worth. It has been professionally maintained and all adjustments have been made by Carlos Coelho. It is in gorgeous condition and plays beautifully with no issues. It was cracked many years ago and was pinned by Carlos Coelho. Thank you for any assistance.

Dear Andrea

What a shame that you are having to sell your Royal oboe. Just a thought but have you thought of the Ton Kooiman thumb rest? It really helps with supporting the oboe as it spreads the load over more of the hand. Try his website on

Now your Loree was made around the year 1999 or 2000. Its value in top playing condition with a decent case in clean order might realise at least $5000 - $5500 I should think. The repaired cracks might take the edge off the price but not by much. Much depends on how it plays of course. Initial impressions by the prospective buyer are always the ones they stick with!

Best of luck with the sale

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed