Oboe/oboe appraisal

Question
Selmer USA oboe
Selmer USA oboe  

Selmer USA serial number
Selmer USA serial numb  
I have an oboe I purchased, used 1979 (I don't know when it was made).  It is all wood, Selmer USA. It has a left hand F key and goes to low B flat.  It plays well, all keys work, no cracks or other issues. The only number on it is the same on each joint: F 7297
I'm interested in an appraisal for insurance purposes.
Thanks.

Answer
Elise, thank you for your note. The Selmer Brand is not a strong brand for oboes. Selmer makes outstanding saxophones however.

The target market for you oboe may be a beginning player and the oboe is worth a few hundred dollars if it is in great condition.  Some Selmer oboes are okay-sounds like yours is perhaps.

You might try Ebay or Craig's List. Best wishes, hannah

Elise....as a post script. If you live in a community with an expert oboe technician; that person can certainly provide you a specific condition summary in order for you to properly value the your instrument.

Thanks again, hannah

Oboe

Hannah Selznick