Oboe/Rigoutat Cor Anglais 1979 and F. Loree oboe

Question
I have a Rigoutat Cor Anglais which is marked 1979 on the back. I will send it to a professional oboe repair shop tomorrow as I plan to sell the instrument (I have not played on it for a couple of years, but when I played it the condition was excellent). Do you have any idea of what it is worth and where I should sell it?

I also have a F. Loree oboe with serial marking EX53. Do you know from which year the oboe is and what it would be valued to and where I should sell it? I will send it to a professional oboe repair shop tomorrow as I plan to sell the instrument (I have not played on it for a couple of years, but when I played it the condition was excellent). It has a second octave key etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,

Sara Backman

Answer
Sara, thank you for your questions. Depending on the condition of the Rigoutat EH, (crack history, condition of the silver etc) the instrument will be worth around $4,000.00 once it has received a quality servicing. May I ask who you are employing to do the repairs? It is best to have an oboe specialist service shop do the set up for sale.    EX53 was made in 1979. Depending on the model (Tabuteau or standard C model) and the condition of the body and silver, the oboe may be worth between $2500 - $3500.

I have a consignment service, which requires the instruments to be serviced through Onks WW Specialists in Smyrna, TN.

If you want to sell the instruments on your own, then once serviced, Ebay or Craig's List might be your first stops.

Please let me know if I can be of additional service. Thanks, hannah  

Oboe

Hannah Selznick