Oboe/Loree Royal RC01R

I have a Loree Royal oboe model number RC01R that I purchased for my daughter approximately 3 years ago.  It is in excellent condition and is in it's original case. Could you give me an approximate age and value?  Thank you for your time.

Shellie, thank you for your note. I believe the lady who is interested in purchasing this oboe from you has already written me this morning. Depending on the crack history, servicing frequency, and condition, I indicated to the person that the oboe is valued in the $6k's range.  I asked her to inquire as to when and by whom the oboe was last serviced, history of the oboe in regards to cracks, and whether you would permit the family to trial the oboe for a week to have an independent oboe specialist evaluate the oboe's condition.

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.