Oboe/Oboe - Approximate Value?

Question
Oboe1
Oboe1  

Model or Serial #
Model or Serial #  
We are considering purchasing a used oboe from a neighbor. They don't really have any idea what it is currently worth, only that they bought it used more than 4 years ago for ~$6,000. I have attached a few pictures that will hopefully help you give us some idea. My daughter plays it and her oboe teacher says it is in good condition and would be a fine oboe for her to finish high school and play throughout college. Thank you in advance for your help!

Answer
Marcia, thanks for your note. The RC01 is a standard bore Loree c+3, ROYALE model. This is the heavier thicker bore Loree oboe. It is one of their pro model instruments.
It is very important that you have an independent oboe specialist repairman check out the wood and pads to give you the pertinent information on crack history and when you will need to have pads, corks, etc serviced once it is your property. Do you have the option to try the oboe for one week with return? should you decide not to purchase?  The approximate value for this oboe is still in the $6,000 range used.
If your daughter's oboe teacher has evaluated the oboe and you feel comfortable about it's history for cracks and servicing, then you now also have pricing value.  It is also important to know the specific name of the technician/shop who has serviced the oboe and the frequency it was routinely serviced to keep it in its best playing condition. Please let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, hannah  (The sponge in the reed case holder slot needs to be kept damp to hydrate the oboe; unless you live in a wet state like Florida)

Oboe

Hannah Selznick