Oboe/Value of my oboe (Rigoutat)

Question
The oboe is Rigoutat evolution with serial # 670AJ.
I guess it was made in ~1990-1995.
I will say it's mint condition without any problem.
How much do you think my oboe values?

Thanks.

Answer
Dera Min

This is so hard for me to answer as the value differs so much from country to country. Its all about fashions in makes!
I have a Rigoutat Evolution from 1995 which has the serial number xxxAJ so I guess you have got the date right. I would say most likely 1992 to be more specific.

The value in the UK where I am based would be around 3000 used- not much more. So much depends of course as you will realise on the condition and how it plays, if there are any rogue notes or crack repairs and so on. I would reckon on you getting about $3000 - $3500.
The Evolution had a good press. See Oboe Shootout in the 1990s from Nora Post's website where the Evolution got lots of praise.
Other "experts" think the Evolution is not great and a bit of a disaster. Mine is very good indeed so this expert Peter Hurd must have had a bad experience with them.

Oboes are always individual and have to match the buyer - and its a bit like buying a pair of shoes for fit and style and desire!

Best wishes with it.

Geoffrey

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge