Oboe/Selmer English Horn dating by serial #

I have tried to find a list, with dates, of Selmer English Horn serial numbers, to no avail. Could you help me date my instrument? It is #04101. Do you know of a resource for this? Thanks for your expertise.

Ted, thank you for your question. I have never seen a list of serial numbers for the Selmer EH. The instrument hasn't been in production for many years. If you are wanting to sell the instrument, then the age is not quite as important as the wood condition and quality of the instrument. Selmer brand is not a sought after brand for double reed instruments. Best regards, hannah

Hannah Selznick

I have the expertise to answer questions about all brands and models of oboes and English Horns. I will assist in providing information about the process of purchasing and selling an instrument. I know reputable oboe specialist repairmen to recommend. I give guidance on oboe and English Horn reeds. I offer guidance on maintenance and handling of oboes and English Horns and help owners troubleshoot instrument issues.

I have been an instructor of oboe and instrumental music for almost 40 years. I have taught all grade levels from preschool music to college oboe (double reed specialist)instruction. I perform with a professional symphony in the Phoenix area. I also have an active teaching studio. I love what I do, especially in regards to educating future generations of musicians.

International Double Reed Society

BS.ED (Music) University of Missouri MM in Oboe Performance University of Tulsa Post Graduate Work in Oboe at Catholic University of America

Who's Who in America

I have public and private educational institutions as clients; as well as a national referral base of studio teachers and oboe instructors.