Hello. I'm very interested in learning tarot. I want to know how to give accurate readings through card. Where do I start? What are the best cards to use..tip? advice? any info is useful. Thanks

Hi Simona!

Tarot is an intensely personal pursuit.  While many start with the Rider Waite and most beginner tarot books use it for illustrative purposes, it's not the end all, be all.  Once you have the basics down, branching out into whatever tarot deck strikes your fancy is important.  

There are lots of beginner books out there, even really helpful "Tarot for Dummies" and the like.  The important thing is to branch out and listen to your own intuition more than the memorization of the card meanings.

And a friend's website  http://365daysoftarot.com  is a great start because it gets you thinking about the symbolism of the cards rather than the book definitions.  Rebecca has also started a radio show you can listen to online.  I was a recent guest and discussed the symbolism of the Major Arcana in depth.  

Hope this helps!

Rev. Amy Blackthorn HPS, RM, (Hon) DD

I can answer questions on several Traditions of Occultism and Magic. I have experience in subjects including, Occult forums, Alchemy, Astrology, Wicca, Folk Magic and indigenous Religions, including Celtic Reconstruction, Native Herbal uses, Hoodoo and Green Witchcraft.

Experience in the area
I have 19 years experience in the above topics, including the Initiatory traditions of Gardnerian Wicca and Green Witchcraft.

Maryland Delaware Wiccan Pagan Alliance, Alternative Religions Education Network, Lady Liberty League, Pagan Clergy Association

My first scholarly publication was in "The Seeker Journal" at the age of 16. This was an 18 page in depth look at the similarities between Wiccan holy days and Christian ones.

Higher learning includes Horticulture, Herbalism, Aromatherapy and initiation into different Religious orders, including Susun Weed's and other Notable Pagan Authors, Scholars and Elders. Usui Reiki Master.

I have had 4 years of formal training in one Tradition, before being Initiated as a Green Witch. I've taught classes in MD, DE and PA. I've been contacted on several occasions to act as a Media liaison for ABC television and the Sci-Fi Channel in matters of the Wiccan religion and have been featured locally on AM and FM stations, including multiple appearances on 'The Paranormal Cafe.'