Occult/Mysterious knife or letter opener

I purchased this item at a thrift store. It feels heavy, like brass maybe? It is brown/gold in color. I have tried to identify it on the Internet but cannot find a match. Any information you can help me with would be appreciated.

You need to check with someone who specializes in antiques or collectibles.  The significance of it will be its age, history, and condition.  There are likely collectors who deal specifically with knives.  Are there any peculiar signs or markings on it?  You might want to check Amazon and see if they have any books on antique knives.  That, or an antique appraiser, could probably give the most information.  There might even be some magazines dedicated to antique knives or interest groups.   Joel

Joel Bjorling

I can answer questions on general occultism. I am have involved with Spiritualism and also Theosophy.

My latest book CONSULTING SPIRITS (Greenwood) discussed different ways in which people have consulted spirits, as Spiritualism, channeling, UFO messengers, and groups as Santeria. Though I am not a practitioner in these areas, I can refer people to information about it.

United Lodge of Theosophy

FATE Magazine The Anomalist

BA, Oral Roberts University MA, McCormick Theological Seminary Also classes at Chesterfield Seminary in Chesterfield, Indiana, which is a Spiritualist camp.