Occupational Health & Safety/second response phase

Question
Hi there,

What is meant by the term second response phase in emergency planning? Is this the stage after an emergency where you deal with the after effects of the emergency?

Thanks,

Joel

Answer
Joel,

It's hard to say. The second phase would be dependent upon what kind of emergency, the incident commander, and the exact nature of the emergency action plan. I am not aware of a precise phase universally accepted, although there could be something out there I have yet to learn of. The best thing to do would be to ask your company safety manager or contact the person who is in charge of emergent planning in your area. Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

MWC

Occupational Health & Safety

MW Consulting, LLC