Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/proper way to move a pallet jack

john wrote at 2012-09-02 13:52:56
Wrong wrong push never pull unless you want a back injury if you must pull pull with both hands one handed twists your body oh no there whent your back

Joe wrote at 2015-04-15 13:27:12
Mike,

I have been looking for opinions on the push versus pull when using a pallet jack.  I understand your recommendation to pull is probably the majority's opinion.  I firmly believe pushing a pallet jack is much safer because it allows for the user to use their legs and core strength to move the jack.  It also eliminates the strain on the users shoulders and lower back.  If the weight is great enough, pulling the jack also presents the opportunity to slip and fall.  

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired