Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/TRIR

Question
We are establishing a safety measurement program and are interested in determining what our TRIR would be for SIC: 3646 NAISC: 335122.  Can you please assist us with this determination.  As we read the 2010 chart, we see 3.4 as the total recordable cases (TRIR).  Would this be correct?  I greatly appreciate any assistance you are able to provide.

Answer
Subject: TRIR

Question: We are establishing a safety measurement program and are interested in determining what our TRIR would be for SIC: 3646 NAISC: 335122.  Can you please assist us with this determination.  As we read the 2010 chart, we see 3.4 as the total recordable cases (TRIR).  Would this be correct?  I greatly appreciate any assistance you are able to provide.

Answer: Yes you are correct. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the latest figures which are currently 2010 for the classification you list is 3.4 Recordable Incidents per 100 employees. My reference to the list is --

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/osh/os/ostb2813.pdf (page 17, Table 1 - Incidence rates - detailed industry level - 2010)

I hope this provides the information you requested. If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to ask.

Michael Brown, CSP Retired

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired